— About Us —
One of the first things that you will notice when you walk in the door is our pastry case overflowing with beautiful pastries and desserts baked fresh in-house every day. Behind the case you'll find a very talented barista manning our stunning Italian espresso machine. Italian Cobra beer taps and a temperature controlled wine pour system may catch your eye at the bar. These are your first indications of something completely unique. We believe that coffee, tea, beer, wine and cocktails are an integral part of the dining experience. That's why we combine food and drink options in a way that you'll only find at Open City.
We serve tasty and affordable food and drinks that maintain the comfort and familiarity you expect from a diner. We know that we may not look like a traditional diner. We also know that other diners don’t serve brick oven pizza, mussels, craft beers and interesting wines, but that is not going to stop us! Our goal is to expand the idea of the diner in DC.
Besides offering hearty, healthy and heartwarming breakfast all day, we’ve also got your other cravings covered with gourmet sandwiches and salads, brick oven pizzas, juicy grilled burgers, comfort inspired entrees and so much more including seasonally focused specials.
But, Open City is more than food and drinks. Open City is a place and state of mind – a place for everyone, as the name implies, and something that the Woodley Park community can call their own. Our baristas are there to provide moral support along with a strong cup of coffee on the way to your big meeting and chances are your five year old will have their own favorite server who brings them extra animal crackers with their hot chocolate. We pride ourselves in being travelers’ home-away-from-home while being part of what defines home to many in the DC community.
More about us…
- Burger and Beer for $10 at Open City on Monday nights
- Half-price wine bottles on Tuesday nights with any pizza or calzone order - gluten-free too!
- Mussels and Palm Ale for $15 on Wednesday nights
- Our in-house baker Sol Schott whips up fresh desserts and pastries daily.
- We serve responsible, specialty coffee supplied by Counter Culture Coffee.
- Wines and Brews - Mick Miller has assembled a value-oriented list showcasing both popular and unique offerings for any palate.
- Keep an eye out for the weekly specials
- We have a gluten-free menu.
- Our sunroom is heated in bad weather and we have great patio seating on sunny days.
- Free Wifi
- We participate in Tap-It free water bottle refills.
- We are powered by Clean Currents wind energy.
Who likes us?